At the end of this article, we’ve prepared for you about deleting Spotify account, you’ll find how to delete a Spotify account and it isn’t at all difficult. We will tell you step by step how to delete Spotify membership and you will be able to perform Spotify deletion easily. Before starting the Spotify account deleting process, let’s see what we should pay attention to together.
Spotify is the most popular music application of recent times and is used by millions of people. Although it is a widely used application, there may be many people who no longer wish to use it. If you have found another application or no longer want to use it, you can delete your Spotify membership.
What should we do before deleting a Spotify account?
There are a few things to consider before you close your Spotify account.
- After you delete your Spotify account, you will lose your username. This means you cannot re-create an account with the same username.
- After deleting a Spotify account, you will lose all the music and playlists you have saved.
- Playlists will be lost, after Spotify deletion.
- After you delete Spotify, you will lose all your followers.
- If your Spotify account is not free, ie you have Premium membership, you must cancel your Premium membership before performing Spotify membership deletion.
We recommend that you observe the warnings mentioned above.
What are the steps to delete a Spotify account?
To delete a Spotify membership, you must follow the steps below.
- Log in your account from homepage of Spotify and then click “Profile” button.
- Press the “Account” button on its drop-down menu.
- Click “Manage Plan” and then on the other page click on the “Change or Cancel” button.
- On the “change plans” page click on Cancel Premium”.
- And on the other page click on “Yes, Cancel”
- Open the Spotify customer service page. Go to https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/ in your web browser.
- On that page choose “Account” and then click “I want to close my account permanently” option.
- On the other two pages click on “Close Account”. Before proceeding, you will see the information on your account. And then click “Continue”
- On the other page, click “I understand, and still want to close my account” option. And press the “Continue” button.
- Go to the email account that you used to sign up for Spotify, open the e-mail from Spotify and then click the “Close My Account” to confirm your account closing request.
If you make this in the order we provide you, your Spotify account closure will be successful.
What happens after Spotify deletion?
After deleting the Spotify account, your username will no longer be available. You will not be able to open a new account with the same username. All the playlists you create will be lost. You can’t access your favorite songs again. If you have followers on Spotify, you will lose them after Spotify deletion.
As Spotify shows you how to delete an account, Spotify will tell you what happens when you close your account. After you delete a Spotify account, whatever you have done through Spotify is lost.
Can you undelete Spotify membership?
Although Spotify hasn’t given you much information about this, some sources recommend that you do not log in to your Spotify account at least 2 weeks after the Spotify account deletion. If you try to log back into your Spotify account within 2 weeks, your Spotify account closure will be canceled.
Will It be charged after closing the Spotify account?
If you are a Spotify Premium user, there are some things to consider when deleting a Spotify account. Occasionally there are cases where users are charged even after deleting Spotify. The reason for this is that the time you delete the account coincides with the account transition period.
If you are using a premium account and want to delete a Spotify account, you must do so at least two to three days before the account billing period. Otherwise, you will have to pay your Spotify Premium membership for that month. However, under no other circumstances, Spotify does not charge you after the account deletion.
We have tried you to explain briefly how you close your Spotify account. We hope that our article has been useful to you.