On Facebook, users sometimes want to change their usernames; but does Facebook really allow this change? Any name change is the thing that Facebook allows especially there are many fake accounts? Can the name really be changed? Here’s the way to change names on Facebook …
It is possible to change usernames on Facebook. However, when changing names, you should think carefully and check thoroughly; otherwise, you cannot change your name again for 60 days. The aim of Facebook to put these 60 days is quite clear: to prevent changing the names randomly! So how to change the name on Facebook? Where is the setting? First of all, go to the Facebook login page, log in to your Facebook account, check out Facebook’s blue top bar; click the arrow pointing down to the far right and enter the “Settings” page.
Then press the “Edit” button just opposite the “Name” on the “General Account Settings” page. On this page, you can determine and write your first, middle and last name. However, the warning we just made is also here. See what Facebook says:
“Please note: If you change your name on Facebook, you can’t change it again for 60 days. Don’t add any unusual capitalization, punctuation, characters or random words.”
However, it is useful to have more detailed information on this subject. What is Facebook’s name policy?
Facebook is a community where everyone uses the real name. This will help you to always be sure who the person you are connecting and to keep our community safe.
Your name cannot contain:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capital letters, repeated characters, or punctuation
- Characters from multiple languages
- Any types of titles (eg professional, religious)
- Words or phrases instead of names
- Any kind of offensive or suggestive words
Some other things to keep in mind:
- The name in your profile should be the name your friends use to call you in real life. This name must also appear on an ID that belongs to you.
- Nicknames can be used as first or second names if they are derived from your real name.
- You can also add another name to your account, such as your maiden name, nickname, or professional name.
- Profiles are for individual use only. You can create Page for a business, organization or idea.
- It is not allowed to imitate anyone or anything.